Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Upcycled Finds in Abbeville

I fell in love this weekend, in love with Abbeville, SC.  If you've never had the chance to visit you should.  Abbeville is a very sweet little town that prides itself on preserving its historical nature.  I had the opportunity to participate in their Art'Oberfest festival this weekend and found myself daydreaming about my own little shop right on the city square. 

Alas, it's Monday and reality has sucked me right out of those daydreams. But I am left with the "warm and fuzzies" thinking about all of the wonderful art that was on display this weekend.  There really was an amazing variety of wares!  I was amazed at all of the booths that had upcycled/repurposed goods in them.  Thank goodness, I drive a tiny Kia that was packed to the roof with my own displays because I would have put the furniture guy out of business on day 1!  He had these amazing king size chairs fashioned from an old crib.  The cushion on each was half of the crib mattress that he had upholstered!  I'm sad to say that he sold those puppies before I had a chance to snap a pic - amazing!


I did bring a few things home with me this time around.  Here are some wonderful vintage buttons that I can't wait to use in my jewelry and soda can flowers.  They came in a really old mason jar that will make a lovely soy candle, too!



A few booths down from me there was a man selling some really fun stuff out of old glass jars, mostly wine bottles that he collects from restaurants.  That's were I found this really cool hummingbird feeder.  I know, the hummingbirds left a couple weeks ago but when you see a cool upcycled creation you have to grab it while you can or it'll be gone before you know it!


I wish I could share my third purchase with you but it was a Christmas gift for a friend and I don't want to spoil the surprise.  But it was another wonderful creation from the same artist who made my bird feeder. 

Be sure to visit this quaint little town when next you visit the South, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...